Saturday, February 22, 2014

Latin I Class Notes -- Week 6 (February 20)

Salve!

We had shortened classes at CHAT this week due to the impending blizzard.  Since I had to travel south into the "blizzard zone" after classes, I was glad to get an early start for my ride home.  Even with the shortened class, we were able to accomplish quite a a bit.  These are hard-working, conscientious students.


We began our class by playing Hang Man with Latin words and English derivatives.  Following that we took an in-class quiz.  (For those who were not in class, the quiz is attached to this e-mail.)


With only an hour, we just got started on Chapter 16, "Why is Sextus a Pest?"  We quickly read through the first few lines, but didn't have time to finish.  We will pick up with Chapter 16 next week.


Due to the weather and the time change were missing a couple of students.  With a class this small, I want us to stay together with the translation of the chapters, so I didn't assign any work from Chapter 16.  Instead, I would like students to spend their "Latin time" reviewing vocabulary words, noun endings, and verb endings.  I've given a long list of links to websites with games and reviews.


For the rest of the semester, we will have Short Weekly Quizzes.  Next week's quiz:  endings for 1st and 2nd declension nouns AND endings for 1st and 2nd conjugation verbs.  In class I handed out some copies of the charts for noun and verb endings that are in the back of the book.  I've attached those charts along with charts with specific columns circled -- these are the columns that you should study for the quiz.

Here's your Homework/Assignments for Next Week:
-- Catch up on making all of your vocabulary cards
-- Spend about 30 minutes doing practice exercises
-- Prepare for the weekly quiz


This week's blog
Class Notes


Have a great weekend!  Stay safe and warm!
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment