Saturday, March 29, 2014

Latin I Class Notes -- Week 10 (March 27)

Salve!

It was good to be back to Latin following a week's break.  Hopefully, a week away from the language had no negative effects.

We began the class with a quiz on endings for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd declension adjectives.  I also had students fill in charts for the verb "to be" in the present tense and the imperfect tense.  As I have recently been reminding them, it's important to work on memorizing the endings so that translation will go more smoothly.  Next week's quiz will cover the same sets of endings and the forms of the verbs "to be."

We have journeyed half way through Ecce Romani I, and are on Chapter 18.  For those students using the paperback versions, this is the blue book labeled IB. 

I must apologize.  I am out of town and left my notes for the class at home, so I don't have the specifics regarding the assignments.  Because we didn't finish the story, you are to write out the translation for this story (including the portion that we did finish.)  Also, you are to read the page following the story that further explains using adjectives.  The part where I'm fuzzy is whether or not you were to do Exercise 18b.  Until someone comments otherwise, I will have you do this exercise.

Assignments for Next Week:
-- Read and write out the translation for the story for Chapter 18.
-- Read carefully the page following the story. 
-- Exercise 18b

This week's blog
Class Notes
Links to online practices

Have a great weekend,
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment