Thursday, January 30, 2014

Latin I Class Notes -- Week 3 (January 30)

Greetings!
I had planned on reviewing again last week and starting into the stories in the chapters of our book, Ecce Romani.  Even though we missed class last week, I felt that we were ready to start again into our stories about Cornelia, Flavia, Marcus, Sextus, Cornelius, and Aurelia. 
We began class with some online exercises that I had posted last week.  Some students mentioned that these quick word games were a little addicting.  I know that I found myself doing them over and over again trying to beat a previous score.  (And who said Latin was dusty and boring?)
I handed out a fresh syllabus for the class. 

As a class, we worked through the story, Disaster, from Chapter 13.  We have now progressed to using the imperfect (past) tense of our verbs.  Though we are a bit rusty and had some new vocabulary, the class did a great job translating.
For our homework, I'm sending out copies of the answer key.  It seems to make sense for the students to correct their own assignments and then come back to class with any questions. 
Assignments for Next Week:
-- Vocabulary Cards for all of the new vocabulary in Chapter 13
-- Exercises 13b & 13c.
-- Read Word Study (p. 101 - 103)
-- Exercise 3

This week's blog:  Class Notes
Have a great weekend and stay warm!
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment